How We Gather Personal Information:
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Bay Ridge Bicycle World. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Bay Ridge Bicycle World. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on your web browser and retrieve later. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set it up. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Bay Ridge Bicycle World if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Bay Ridge Bicycle World if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please request to be removed from our mailing list at address to be determined..
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features the storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Bay Ridge Bicycle World’s coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Sharing Personal Information:
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Bay Ridge Bicycle World customers on our behalf. If you do not want to receive such offers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Security of Personal Information:
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites:
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Accessing Your Personal Information:
Bay Ridge Bicycle World gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Bay Ridge Bicycle World for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Choices Concerning Personal Information:
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Bay Ridge Bicycle World features as your account information, chat room messages and message board postings.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
Use of the Site by Minors:
Bay Ridge Bicycle World does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Bay Ridge Bicycle World only with the permission or involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions:
If you choose to visit Bay Ridge Bicycle World, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New York. If you have any concern about privacy at Bay Ridge Bicycle World, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Examples of Information Collected:
- Information You Give Us: You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Bay Ridge Bicycle World or provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; provide employer information when opening a corporate account; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; specify a Special Occasion Reminder; share information with others; and employ other Personal Notification Services, such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers); content of board and chat room postings and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
- Information from Other Sources: Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiaries, Alexa Internet and A9.com; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Examples of third-party advertisers and advertising companies that you can link to from the Bay Ridge Bicycle World website or that serve advertising content directly to your browser on certain Bay Ridge Bicycle World pages include Atlas and Doubleclick. You can find out more about their information collection and use practices, including how to opt out of cookies and other collection techniques that they use, by clicking on the above links to their websites.
- Information You Can Access: Examples of information you can access easily at Bay Ridge Bicycle World include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences and address book); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and check balances); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivers, New for You, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters); recent product view history, prior order history, and Favorites; shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists a); and your Profile (including your product Reviews, Requests, and Recommendations.